Miniature for Paducah

It is that time of the year again. This is a 1930's Miniature Sampler Quilt that I made for The National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky. It is approximately 7" x  9" . The blocks are 1 1/2" square. It is hand pieced and has both needle turn applique and reverse applique. It is hand quilted and the binding was applied by hand. The backing fabric is the same as the outer border fabric. Of course all the fabrics are circa 1930 and the display case is black wood.. It is my favorite quilt that I have made for this auction. It was so much fun, that I decided to make a version for my portfolio collection. It will be bigger than this one, though, as I couldn't stop making blocks!
I think I will use the same fabrics for cornerstones, sashing and borders.
Till next time....
Sheila




Comments

Jane said…
That is simply amazing, Sheila! How small must the patches be?

HUgs
Jane
Oh my gosh!!!!! This is fabulous. I know this will raise a lot of money for the museum. Thanks so much Sheila. You are amazing!
Janet O. said…
Wow--look at all those baby blocks! Love this!
Karen said…
I didn't know that the museum has a miniature auction. You do such tiny and intricate work. Always a delight to see what you have created.

Popular Posts