Elongated Hexagon Doll Quilts



Hi to all, on what is a very warm autumn day here.  Personally, I prefer the crisp and cool sort of fall weather.  Above I have posted a photo of a couple of elongated hexagon doll quilts I have made.  The one that is folded up was English Paper Pieced.  The one that is hanging was hand pieced.  Both were hand quilted.  English Paper Piecing gives good results, but it is not my favorite way to do things.  It is time consuming and I always feel like I could have made two quilts in the time it takes to make one. Plus, I really don't like the way the whip stitches look when the pieces are put together.  My results were actually better with the other one that is hand pieced.  I would classify neither of them as miniature quilts and simply refer to them as doll quilts.  Both were made with modern fabrics and no antique fabrics.  We also collect antique sewing machines - and of course we prefer miniature ones, as you might have guessed - and two are shown above.  One is a Singer (the word Singer is written  in German Script, which is unusual) and the other is a small Mueller machine.Till next time.......................................
Sheila  
p.s.  I edited this entry by adding a frame around my photo.  Something new I am learning to do.  Sheila

 

Comments

Lisa said…
Sheila, They both look great, but I think I like the elongated one better. Maybe because it's a little more unusual. Love the photo editing. :)
Cheryl said…
So glad I found your lovely blog. I love all things miniature and have enjoyed perusing your blog, especially the diet changes. I agree it is in what we eat!
Karen said…
What a wonderful display. Both the little quilts and the sewing machines.

Popular Posts