Happy Mother's Day to us all!

Hi to all,
In my blog header photo, the woman seated is my great-grandmother on my father's side.  She made the quilt shown above.  The lady standing is my father's mother and the seated lady's daughter.  My cousin mentioned beside the photo above was my great-grandmother's favorite and I was my grandmother's favorite.  The lady seated was a quilter,  The lady standing wasn't.  My cousin got the quilt and I didn't.  When my father passed away, my cousin and I spent a lot of time together cleaning out stuff in his house.  That's when we compared family notes and my cousin found out I had no family quilts.  Being the generous person she is, she produced the above quilt and gave it to me.  Someday I hope to draw up the patterns and share it on this blog.  Sort of pass on a family gift.  We don't know anything about the quilt, but the fabrics speak for themselves, don't they? I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day and have a cousin as dear to you as mine is to me.
Sheila

Comments

Popular Posts