Heart of Country Antique Show

For a Valentine's celebration, my husband and I drove to Nashville for antique shows.  Heart of Country is not the only game in town, as there are several really good shows going on at the same time.  The photos today, however are all from the Heart Show at Opryland.
This first quilt doesn't show up here very well.  The quilting on this piece was to die for.  Do you see that streak through the middle?  Someone had repaired this quilt by simply sewing on a strip of blue chambray across the middle.  Probably the worst repair known to mankind. 
 
Of course anything involving miniatures is interesting to me.  The vendor in this booth was displaying them by pinning them to a Styrofoam block covered with black felt.  Clever idea for temporary display.
This tall child's bed was really interesting.
 
 
This crib quilt is a true work of art.  Oddly enough, we had seen this very piece in Ohio at a show and the same vendor was in Nashville. 
The next quilt is very patriotic and has flags in the corners.
And finally, a quilt that came home with us. We couldn't resist the small pieces in it.
The quilting doesn't show up very well, but it is very nice.
We had a great time and some other things  came home with us, but photos will need to be taken before they are posted here.  My husband took all the above photos with his phone. Not bad pics for a phone. 
I finally have a new computer and am completely baffled by this new version of Windows.  It is totally unclear to me how I managed to post these.  I don't have my little print program loaded, so no frames on the photos.  I may have to give that up for awhile.  Anyway, I went with an All in One Gateway computer instead of a laptop.  The larger monitor should be much nicer for designing quilts. 
Till next time.............
Sheila
 

Comments

Jill said…
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. You will get use to the new Windows. I really like some of the features. I still have much to learn, but that is always the case for me.

Popular Posts