A Missing Miniature Quilt

This is a photo of a miniature yo-yo quilt made by my friend Pat Lewis.  You may remember that she is the leader of the famous Yo-Yo ladies in Paducah, KY.  I can hardly believe it, but someone managed to steal it out of a display case at the National Quilt Museum.  It is so tiny - only 6" square, that even on the bed it would easily fit in a purse. If you see this quilt anywhere, please contact the museum.  Also, this is listed as missing on The Lost Quilt Come Home website.  It is a sad day in quiltdom.
Other news,  here is a finished miniature that you saw in progress:
Without exception, I learn something new on every project.  The yellow print was probably not the best choice for the stars - too much print going on for such a small piece.  It makes the outline of the stars look a bit muddled.  Oh well, another lesson learned.  The fabrics are circa 1880's.
Till next time............
Sheila

Comments

Karen said…
You always amaze me with your tiny quilts. A wonderful piece.

I doubt that little yo-yo quilt will ever make it's way back. The nerve it takes to steal. And from a display case in a museum.
Jill said…
It is a sad day in quiltdom. What an adorable little quilt. Pat must be just sick.

Although, it is great to hear from you again and see what you have been up to.
Will you be heading to Paducah this year?
Lady Locust said…
Oh how sickening. I always tell people that quilters are good people. I can't even imagine someone taking not only the hard work but also the pleasure of making a piece from another person. Great way to spread the news though.
JoeyLea
http://thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/
Wow! Another spectacular work of art, Sheila! You are a wonder. I love the pink and yellow together. I have binder of color inspiration, and that's one of the combos I enjoy. How will you display your new little masterpiece? I was sad to read about your friend's missing quilt. I share Lady Locust's thoughts on that. I'd like to believe all quilters are good people but unfortunately, there are some rotten ones in the bunch!
BBQ Recipes said…
Thiss is a great post

Popular Posts