A Trip to Mary's Quilt Shop



Timing is everything.  Our last weekend in the Cleveland area coincided with Mary Koval's Quilt Shop's Open House.  We made the 3 1/2 hour drive to see her.  I have known Mary for a long time, as she would set up a booth at the Paducah Quilt Show.  She does a show in France now instead, so I don't get to see her.  She is one busy lady and so hard to catch, I figured my best shot was at her open house.  She has always been very encouraging to me and so helpful with antique fabrics.  In short, she had a great influence on my Portfolio Series.  She was so gracious to my husband and me and gave us a tour of her shop, her retreat space and her home.  I even got to play in her antique fabrics for several hours and will post some pics of the wonderful things I acquired that day.  It was a wonderful day and I could have spent a week with her. 
Mary has room to accommodate 11 quilters in her retreat space.  It is absolutely gorgeous, as is her shop and her home is stunning.  Bonnie Hunter posted some great photos of the retreat space on her blog here.
If you are ever anywhere close to Bedford, PA, make time to visit Mary's shop.  Her reproduction fabrics are absolutely the best.  If you are lucky, you will get to meet Mary.
Till next time......
Sheila
 
 
 

Comments

Jill said…
Thanks for the info on Mary's shop. I should plan a trip to see it. Looks like you had a great time.

Popular Posts