Who are these people???????

As mentioned earlier, I am moving.  By this time next week, my husband and I hope to be in the same spot at the same time.  I have been wading through a mountain of stuff and came across the above photo.  It was in a box of "family papers, etc."  There is no clue as to who all those people are.  If you click on the photo it will enlarge and you can see why I sincerely hope I am not related to the seated lady in the dark clothes! She doesn't appear to be very happy.  Although many things have been put in the trash or donated to thrift stores, this little gem will remain in the family papers box.  Why?  I don't know.  Photos are sort of like old quilts, you just hate to pitch them.
About the move - we will be living in an apartment in Burton, Ohio which is east of Cleveland - in a very small apartment - 600 square feet.  I am currently in our small home - 900 square feet- but I have a separate quilt studio which is 650 square feet.  The studio is actually its own apartment, so there is a kitchen that is used for canning and  where we did big chores like making sausage, etc.  So I only use part of it for a quilt studio.  Sigh.  We will miss the arrangement. In the spirit of getting into the move, I have been reading minimalist living blogs.  There is a lot to be said for "paring down" but it is hard for a crafts person and someone with the soul of a collector.  Right now I am weary of the sorting and packing, but I so look forward to being there.  I hope to post future photos showing how I store my craft and sewing items in a very small space.  We will be storing stuff in our current garage and won't have to worry about it until this home sells, which will probably be a very long time, judging by the economy these days.  So keep a good thought for me, wish me well, and look for a new posting in a week or so.
Till I post from Ohio...........
Sheila
PS.  I am keeping up with the Brackman blocks, I just haven't posted them yet.  So, a long post will be coming one of these days.

Comments

Karen said…
I like Burton, Ohio. We used to go through there on the way to visit an aunt and uncle. If I remember correctly, they have a Maple Festival every year.
sosarahsew said…
I have a couple pictures of relatives that would scare the bejeebers out of you! And they are BIG pics too... I can scare some big critters with those. Good luck on your move. I often wonder if I could downsize like you.

Popular Posts