I'm still here...

Happy to report that this little quilt sold for $350 at the auction to benefit the National Quilt Museum. Wendy canton Reed had a really sweet little feed sack quilt in the auction as well. It sold to a happy person, so she can be proud. Sadly, I don't have a pic of it, so am unable to show you. Wendy, send me a pic and I will post it.
Other news - I have been sick with a nasty upper respiratory thing. Gizmo has been sick for a long time, although I have never blogged about it. It seems he has allergy and autoimmune problems. We have spent $$$$ on allergy testing and medications and foods. We are now on our final try at a medication. It is extremely expensive, but we love the little guy and don't want to give up on him. I think he is slowly improving.
Back to happier things....
Before the Quilt show, I found this tote bag at a thrift store:
It is not real leather, but is a pretty good imitation.
Coincidentally, on the same day at another thrift store, I bought a Country Living Magazine.
It had a two page spread featuring items with scallops.
And there was a very similar bag to the one that just came home with me- except for the scallops. So......
I made a pattern on a paper sack, cut the scallops, glued the liner back down and put clothes pins on it till it dried.

Here it is, ready for quilt show shopping.
Well, that's it for now. I'm working on a couple of things and will be back soon.
Till next time,.......
Sheila

Comments

Robin said…
Aren't you the clever one. Nice job!
Karen said…
I am so glad your little quilt brought in a very nice amount of money. Better than ten or twenty dollars for sure.
What great news! I personally think it is worth more than that, but I am so happy to hear that it at least went over $300.00. Thanks for once again donating to this worthy cause and I do hope to get to the auction someday!

Popular Posts