Welcome

I'm glad you stopped by my blog. I am happy to share all the content with you and hope that you find something here that is helpful. However, everything here - text, photos, recipes, and so on - is my personal property and has my copyright on it. You may only copy and use any of it with my written permission. Ahh, but you already knew that, didn't you?

Saturday, January 14, 2017

A Few Things

I'm a fan of Ott Lights.....however, for some reason I have had issues with the (expensive - even on sale) floor lamps. A few years ago I stumbled across these at a Lowe's store. Currently they don't seem to be in stock there any more. They are available at Jo Ann's, where you can use a coupon or wait for a sale. Anyway, these bulbs not only give you the daylight quality light that us older crafters really need, but you can put them in a standard lamp socket. They are $10-$15, I think.  I thought this was worth mentioning, in case you didn't know about them. 
My second tip - and I don't remember where I read this - is to clean the soleplate of your cool iron with this:
I just tried it on a not so dirty iron and it worked great. Which brings me to the surprise Vern brought home for me this weekend:
 It is a Rowenta Pressure Iron and Steamer. Boy, was I thrilled. He found it at our favorite thrift store in the KC, Mo. area. It is marked $15.00, but they were having a sale, so it was only $11.25. He can shop for me any time!
Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone is staying warm.
Till next time......
Sheila



5 comments:

Jill said...

I remember you telling me about these bulbs once, but I have never found them. So glad to know what to look for now. Thanks for the tips. Keeping warm. I hope you are too.

Sherrill said...

WOW, that's a deal on the iron. Good eye, there! And I've used the magic erasers on my irons for years--love em!

Janet O. said...

Thanks for the great tips!
I love a good thrift store deal!! : )

Jane said...

Great deal on that iron! I use some sort of white goo that you buy from the fabric store to clean my iron, but the scrubby pad would probably work really well and I wouldn't need to hunt the other stuff down, as it is rather hard to locate. Happy ironing!

Hugs
Jane

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Thanks for the tips Sheila! I will have to get one of these bulbs. I have a love hate relationship with my Ott floor lamps. I've tried 3 different ones and have had issues with all 3. I am in search of the "perfect" hand work lamp. I don't want to shell out the big bucks for a "Stella" lamp, but I may have to some day!