A Few Things

I'm a fan of Ott Lights.....however, for some reason I have had issues with the (expensive - even on sale) floor lamps. A few years ago I stumbled across these at a Lowe's store. Currently they don't seem to be in stock there any more. They are available at Jo Ann's, where you can use a coupon or wait for a sale. Anyway, these bulbs not only give you the daylight quality light that us older crafters really need, but you can put them in a standard lamp socket. They are $10-$15, I think.  I thought this was worth mentioning, in case you didn't know about them. 
My second tip - and I don't remember where I read this - is to clean the soleplate of your cool iron with this:
I just tried it on a not so dirty iron and it worked great. Which brings me to the surprise Vern brought home for me this weekend:
 It is a Rowenta Pressure Iron and Steamer. Boy, was I thrilled. He found it at our favorite thrift store in the KC, Mo. area. It is marked $15.00, but they were having a sale, so it was only $11.25. He can shop for me any time!
Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone is staying warm.
Till next time......
Sheila



Comments

Jill said…
I remember you telling me about these bulbs once, but I have never found them. So glad to know what to look for now. Thanks for the tips. Keeping warm. I hope you are too.
Sherrill said…
WOW, that's a deal on the iron. Good eye, there! And I've used the magic erasers on my irons for years--love em!
Janet O. said…
Thanks for the great tips!
I love a good thrift store deal!! : )
Jane said…
Great deal on that iron! I use some sort of white goo that you buy from the fabric store to clean my iron, but the scrubby pad would probably work really well and I wouldn't need to hunt the other stuff down, as it is rather hard to locate. Happy ironing!

Hugs
Jane

Thanks for the tips Sheila! I will have to get one of these bulbs. I have a love hate relationship with my Ott floor lamps. I've tried 3 different ones and have had issues with all 3. I am in search of the "perfect" hand work lamp. I don't want to shell out the big bucks for a "Stella" lamp, but I may have to some day!

Popular Posts