Ch....ch...Changes!

First of all, can you believe two adults - my husband was in on this - would put a Santa hat and scarf on a cat?  Well, we did.  They were too small.  We need to start buying him stuff in the dog section, as he is about twice the size of a normal cat.  We thought he looked a lot like The Grinch.  So, anyway, a belated happy holiday season to you all!
Know what we did over the holidays??? We moved back to our little home in southern Illinois.  We are sooooo happy to be back in our home.  To be honest, I never adjusted to living in 600 sq. ft.  Just not enough room for two people who both have hobbies.  There is a Scandinavian word, lagom, that means "just enough" or  "just right."  Well, our little house and studio are just right, but 600 sq. ft. wasn't!  The company my husband works for, had us on hold since last May for this relocation and by this past November, we were pretty darn tired of waiting.  But, we are here now.
Did you ever watch the movie Funny Farm?  One of our favorites.  Remember how they couldn't get the right phone installed way out in the country.  Well, that is just the way it is when you live "at the end of the grid" as my husband says.  We finally have the Internet and phones.  Hooray!  Well, we have the Internet in our studio/home office, but not in the house yet.  Sigh. 
Lots to blog about for sure, but my computer is barely working and we haven't had a chance to computer shop yet.  As soon as we got here - right before Christmas - we got 20" of snow.  It has just now gone away.  That slowed us down. 
Well, I hope to be blogging away soon.  A special "hi" to  Kimber at Heirlooms by Ashton House   who took the time to email me and say hello.  She is not only a talented editor, designer and blogger, but sweet as well.  Check out her blog for some really nice photography.
Till next time, when we will get back to some quilting.........
Sheila

Comments

Taryn said…
Well, you've convinced me that I should stop dreaming of a cozy little house. But I am sticking to my desire to slip as far from the grid as I can without losing my internet connection.
You're so sweet, Sheila! Welcome back to blogging. So good to see you back. We've missed you. Don't worry, you are not the only adults who dress your cats up! We put little orange witch hats on ours for Halloween!
Jill said…
Glad to hear from you again. Can't wait to see what you have been up too.
Sister Stoll said…
Sheila and Vern:

Glad to hear that you are back home. I have missed you adventures.

Popular Posts