A Finish!

Here is the miniature orange and blue quilt.  It is finally finished.  I admit I get a little tired of them by the end of the process.  My photography isn't the best, but here it is. It is rather heavily quilted and I used blue thread when quilting on the blue fabric, and orange thread when quilting on the orange fabric.  For reference, the binding was cut at 5/8" wide to finish at  1/8' wide (single-fold).
Here is my hand in the middle of it.  This quilt was something entirely new for me and I wasn't sure of the scale of it until we saw a television clip of the now famous Red and White Quilt Show in NYC. A four block quilt was shown and I paused the picture and held my miniature block up to the tv and they were pretty close to the same size!  That was a relief.  No quilter alive will ever be the same after that show.  I didn't get to see it in person, but even seeing it on television was a joy.  The staging of that show will change the future of quilt shows.
Well, now I can focus on quilting my Bethlehem Star miniature.  As mentioned before,  my preference is to be working on two projects at the same time - one for piecing and one for quilting,  but I broke my own rules and wound up having two of them to quilt.  Sigh.  As soon as the star is under control, you can be sure I'll be piecing another one.  What will it be?   Who knows?
Till next time.......
Sheila  

Comments

Robin said…
Lovely intricate work. I wish I could see it up close.
Karen said…
You have so much patience to work on these small pieces. I love seeing your work.
Jill said…
Great to see this orange and blue quilt done. I love the borders. You really did quilt this one heavy. It looks great!
Susan said…
It is fabulous as usual. That sounds trite but nothing about our quilts are trite.

Popular Posts