A new "old" book.........

As my blog readers already know, once in awhile my husband and I stop at a thrift store.  A couple of weeks ago he found the above book.  I have really cut back on buying quilt books.  We are in a tiny apartment for now and there are boxes of books that didn't make this move with us.  They are in storage and to be honest, I rarely miss any of them.  But when we came across the above book for $1.00, it was more than I could bear and it had to come home with me.  It is a large book and the photos of quilts are huge:
You can see by my hand that the photos of the quilts are about the same size as any miniatures I make.  That is a bonus for me.  Instant scaling.  Understanding the scale of things is a very important factor if you want to make a successful miniature quilt.  I have come to believe that you either understand scaling or you don't.  Anyway, the book doesn't contain any patterns, so if that is what you want in your books, this book is not for you.  However, if you love antique quilts and fabrics, this book is a winner.  The bright blue cover makes it easy to spot if you are at a used book sale.
Till next time.....
Sheila

Comments

What a terrific find, Sheila! And what a great price, too. Looks like you're going to have fun making miniature quilt blocks! Can't wait to see them!
Karen said…
I think I had a copy of the book at one time. The cover gets your attention for sure!
Jill said…
I don't think I could have resisted that book for the price. Nice find!

Popular Posts