Quilt Festival Prize!

In a posting below, you will see that I participated in the Quilters' Festival at Amy's Creative Side.
She had a lot of sponsors giving away gift certificates and I won one from Green Fairy Quilts! I ordered a Moda Layer Cake called Little Gatherings designed by Primitive Gatherings.  Of course you know I would pick out the smallest prints available. 
About the photo - in the background you see metal containers that hold anything and everything.  I am in an ever-ending struggle to get my craft stuff organized.  Let's just say it is a challenge for me.  One thing that finally came to me in a "light-bulb moment"  was don't label containers with names, but rather with numbers.  Keep a master list with the number and the contents and then they are infinitely variable.  When you start filling a container with something, say different kinds of glue, get it nicely labeled with the word "GLUE"  you will invariably come across another stash of the stuff and it will absolutely not fit in the container.  However, if you just have numbers, you can just grab a larger container and fill it up and update your master list.  Now, this may seem obvious to you, but suffice to say it was a break-through for me! I am still working on my knitted 55 Christmas Balls and have decided to retrain myself to knit differently.  I have always had a bit of a strange way of knitting and decided to join the mainstream and that means change!  I also finally got the correct yarn and needle size, but the ornaments still seem too large to me, so have gone down to very small needles and we will see.  Photos will be forth-coming.  I have fallen in love with them for some reason. I guess because in terms of knitting, they are small projects and you know how fascinated I am with little things.
Till next time..........
Sheila

Comments

Me too, I love working on small projects also.

Have fun with your knitting.

I love your header with your collection of darling quilts!

Carolyn :)
Karen said…
I looked at the knitted balls book on Amazon and it is tempting to purchase. I just don't know if I can handle knitting the designs with changing thread back and forth. Are they all worked with 5 knitting needles? I have worked with four but not 5.
You idea of just numbering the containers is a good one. I will keep it in mind the next time I start organizing the plastic containers.

Popular Posts