Quilt Finish and IQSC and Museum News

Here is the Little Leaf Quilt.  The scalloped edge made the binding a bit difficult.  I am glad it is finished.  This quilt has more quilting on it than most of my miniature quilts.  When quilting was new to me - many years ago, it seems now - accomplished quilters would say things like:  "Oh, that quilt needed that quilting design" and "when it comes to quilting, I'll just see what the quilt needs."  That really wasn't clear to me then. It has taken on more meaning over the years, and this little quilt needed a lot of quilting, even though it is not the most enjoyable part for me.  As usual, a finish is a happy thing.
In the photo you will notice a couple of things that look like patterns.  They aren't.  When a quilt is finished, I try to document it by taking a photo and collecting my notes and some scraps and putting it all in a Ziploc.  The two miniatures shown above were the first quilts made in my Portfolio Series (although that name didn't come along for awhile).  These two were acquired by the IQSC and Museum at the University of Nebraska.  It has taken awhile, but now you can view them online at:
http://www.quiltstudy.org/collections/search.html (I'm not sure this link is working.  If you go to the "search collections page and type in "Holland" at the quilt maker space, they will come up for viewing. It is certainly a thrill for me to see them there.  I never dreamed any of my miniature quilts would be in such fine company! 
Well, that's about it for now.  Till next time...........
Sheila

Comments

Karen said…
Teeny tiny and oh so pretty! I don't know how you do it.
Jill said…
I was able to view the other two after typing your last name in the quilt maker space. They are beautiful, just as this newest one is. Thank you for sharing your amazing quilts with us.
Lisa said…
Wow, Sheila, what an honor! And well deserved. Your Little Leaf Quilt is my favorite one of yours. It's so nice to see it finished, and the binding is wonderful.
liz said…
That is quite a special piece of workmanship. Just amazing.
AmyJo said…
Just amazing, I love to make miniature and doll quilts but mine are nothing compared to yours.
Sister Stoll said…
Your quilts are stunning, breathtaking and sometimes unable to be described in words.

Popular Posts